Thursday, September 01, 2005

Behemoth Burritos

You've got Chipotle's with their witty foil slogans.

You've got Pancheros with their....name?

And you've got Pablo's...the winner.

Pablo's is a local burrito shop that serves, as it's specialty, giant burritos. Today I had my standard Chicken burrito, rice, pinto beans, cheese, sour cream, pico de gallo salsa, and specialty salsa. End weight: 2lbs 14oz. Or at least that's what it felt like when I carried it back to my cube. I only had to switch carrying arms twice. With a rest to catch my breath at the half way point.

But now that it resides in the bottom of my stomach, I'm gonna say it was an easy 3lbs. Minimum. I'd like to see how far I could run with this lump of Mexicana goodness digesting in my innards. I bet I will be comatose by afternoon break.

I don't think I need to eat for a good three days or so. We could use two or three of these to patch the broken levees in New Orleans. Who needs a 15000 pound sandbag, when you can just plop a Pablo's burrito or two in there?

My land. I need to start a Pablo's Burrito Anonymous organization. PBA. Nah, that would tick the Pro Bowler's Association off.

Anyway, one of these days, I'll have the discipline to not finish a Pablo's burrito.

Editor's Note: During the creation of the above blog entry, the author was approached by a fellow employee who, having malicious intent, was armed with a bucket of chocolate chip cookies. Upon hearing the author's plea to politely decline, and the unfortunate circumstances that the author now finds himself in, the perpetrator proceeded to say, and I quote, "Just take two then."

4 Comments:

At 9/01/2005 10:45 AM, Blogger Heth said...

I agree with the perp, chocolate chip cookies should be eaten two at a time. As in 2, 4, 6, or 8 in one sitting. Not 1, 3, or 5. And there should ALWAYS, I repeat ALWAYS, be room for cookies, no matter how many burritos you have just eaten. Just curious, what is the specialty salsa this month?

 
At 9/01/2005 10:49 AM, Blogger iridium said...

New Mexican *something*. It was a medium that went great with the pico. Honey, do NOT let me eat supper tonight. I'm not joking either.

 
At 9/01/2005 7:13 PM, Blogger Tina said...

Sorry. I have to vote for Pancheros. I know I may be kicked out of the gourmet club, but the CASA"DILLAS" there are to die for.

Although I do stop in to Pablos now and then just so I can boast to Matt about the specialty salsa. My fav was when they had the thanksgiving one! Turkey and dressing.... who'd a thunk? I didn't eat one of course, but I promptly emailed Matt to tell him what he was missing!

 
At 9/02/2005 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have a place here called "El Rey Burritos." Their 'big boy' is called the "Rey Rey." It takes two hands to carry one. Pretty good stuff, although I've never tackled the Rey Rey. Mom was with me when we ordered it for Eric and brought it home to him. We all died laughing when he pulled it out of the bag, but he ate every bite. You only ate TWO cookies??? I find that more amazing than eating a 3 pound burrito...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home