Friday, November 03, 2006

Connecting the Dots.

My last two posts may have seemed like random fyi's, but there was a purpose in me posting them.

First, let me say that I did not come up with those on my own. They are copy/paste from the Internet.

So, what are the dots, and what's the connection? Well, for me it is this.

1. Water
2. Sleep
3. Food

1. Water, more of it
2. Sleep, in bed by 10:00pm
3. Food, none after 8:00pm

Why? Well, I'm not on a huge push to drop a bunch of weight or anything like that. I picked these three things because they require absolutely no investment whatsoever. I don't have to buy a membership to a gym, I don't have to try to squeeze another hour in to my day. But, they contribute hugely to one's health, as can be seen by the facts that were posted. Seems like a no brainer.

Now some of you may be asking, "But I didn't read anything about the 'no food after 8:00pm' thing" You are correct, and there is a reason for that. The reason I didn't post anything about it is because as far as I can tell, it's a myth. From what I found on the Internet, there is really nothing overwhelmingly good or bad about eating late. Yes, I found info that suggests that sugars in your system inhibit the process of such and such and that can contribute to poor quality of sleep and whatnot. But I didn't find anything that was as concrete as the other two things.

Drinking water all day has been easy at work, but getting to bed by 10:00 has been the hardest thing. I think the closest I've come is 10:04 one time. Eating after 8:00pm...I've cheated a bit on that as well. But overall, this hopefully becomes a longterm overall change.

Who knows.

4 Comments:

At 11/03/2006 9:05 PM, Blogger melanie said...

sounds awesome. don't know if it will happen over here though, especially the sleep, yet you are inspiring....

 
At 11/06/2006 11:07 AM, Blogger Tina said...

the only thing I can't do is the water.... I don't eat after 8pm because I'm usually asleep by then!

 
At 11/06/2006 2:21 PM, Blogger Angela said...

I've read that the time thing is a myth as well - calories are the same at 10 a.m. as at 10 p.m.

 
At 11/07/2006 8:11 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

I'll pray that you can stick with it. The enemy doesn't want us healthy, because the sooner we die the better for him....takes us out of the game....so to say...So I WILL seriously pray for you!! (pray for me too -k-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home