Saturday, September 24, 2005

Update 2

The final update.

LOL..so I was hoping to have all these progress reports of how things were coming along my journey. Well, I am home now. So let me fill you in on some of the highlights.

After my delay in Chicago, I arrived in Norfolk, VA. And only 7 hours late! BAH! Thankfully, the guy I was meeting was flexible and was able to pick me up at the airport. He and his wife took me to their townhouse in Norfolk, and there she was....the reason for the trip...the, no my....new (actually used)...2004....black....Scion xB. Yay.

Ok...now reality sets in. I am 1200 miles from home, I got a half a tank of gas, and I'm not wearing sunglasses. Hit it!

I took off to the north with only a car, a few clothes, a laptop, a pda, an atlas, my wallet, some mapquest maps (ok maybe I had a lot of stuff). My first fun experience was driving under what I think was Chesapeake bay. Yeah, there is a tunnle bridge (I think that's what they call it). Pretty neat.

From there, I drove up around Richmond, on by DC, and up into Pennsylvania. Ok. I must pause here and focus on Pennsylvania. I HATE Pennsylvania. I'm sure it's a beautiful state IN THE DAYTIME!!!! But the only two times I've driven through it, it has been night, and there has been construction. Needless to say, I found a nice rest area complex and parked the xB to catch some shut-eye. I think it was somewhere between 2:00 and 3:00 am...I'm not sure...I was feeling rather tired at the moment.

Fast forward. I wake up at 6:00 and look out the window...Burger King. Yes. Grab a bite to eat, and back on the road.

From here on out, it's nothing but drive and stop for gas/food, drive, stop for gas/food. Repeat that cycle for the next 14 hours. I arrived home around 8:00 pm. Safe and sound.

1 Comments:

At 10/07/2005 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

come on, iridium...we are ready for another new blog entry...
let's have it! /snap snap!

8D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home