Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The Pendulum of Politics

The following is based on an article found here.

I am no political scientist.

I am no pundit, no analyst, no nothing.

I am just a hypoglycemic-soundtrack-singing-geek with an opinion. In case you are wondering, I wanted a pack of Wonka's Oompas candy from the vending machine today but it got stuck and didn't drop. So I was forced to buy another so they would both drop. And they did. And I ate them. Both. And now I'm all shaky.

Anyways, if you read the article I linked to, you would know that the voters in the Dover school district recently ousted 8 board members replacing them with 8 new members. It just so happens that in this case, Republicans are out, Democrats in.

Now, I had to ask myself a question. "Did the population of Dover really change that much to warrant such an abrupt turn around?" The answer, of course, is no. So then, what happened.

This is what I think happened in Dover, and what I see as a popular trend in politics. These are just my opinions so feel free to blast away with comments.

When a representative group holds power, they take it for granted. And when a controversial topic, Intelligent Design in this case, arises, it seems to be the "underdog" group of people that take it the most seriously. I would love to know what the political make-up of Dover really is.

One can be sure that the policies that were put in place to support Intelligent Design will soon be revoked. And what do you suppose will happen? That's right, if it becomes a hot enough issue, the "underdogs" will rally again and the tide will turn again.

Frankly, I don't care what Dover does or doesn't do. I just thought it was weird the way balance shifted to such opposite poles.

And as far as the topic of Intelligent Design goes...well, that's another blog entry.

3 Comments:

At 11/10/2005 11:39 AM, Blogger Tina said...

I didn't quite get the article. So, are they saying the people who believe in intelligent design WON or LOST?

 
At 11/10/2005 12:46 PM, Blogger iridium said...

8 board members who supported ID, were replaced by 8 new board members who, presumably, don't support ID.

 
At 11/10/2005 12:48 PM, Blogger iridium said...

OH, and the 8 that were replaced were Republicans while the new 8 are Democrats.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home