Monday, December 12, 2005

Today.

Today, I decided to post another invisible text message. I don't know, call me desperate for content. I think it's kind of fun.

So, I've been doing a lot of thinking lately. I love to think about life, where I've been, where I am, and where I could possibly be going. Where I've been is easy to see, and I am amazed at the grace that has been granted me. God knows I am undeserving, and yet, here I am.

Where I am is sometimes clouded by the blur of life. Keeping up with work, keeping up with studies, spending family time, working on ministry, annoying my wife. It all blends into a jinormous pot that is the stew of life. But yet, when I stop to think, I can't help but feel enormously blessed. I strive to be where God wants me to be.

Finally, where I am going. Who knows? God does. I can pretty much envision anything for my future. More kids. A different job. Death. Life. Old age. Success. Failure. I can dream of it all. It doesn't scare me. But yet, there is a seriousness to the future. Others' lives depend on the future.

I guess all of this doesn't make too much sense, so I'll close with a final thought. I thank God that I am not the same now as I was in the past. And I pray that who I am now, prepares me for what I will do in the future.

6 Comments:

At 12/12/2005 12:54 PM, Blogger Heth said...

Amen honey...except to the "annoying your wife part". Glad we can be in this adventure together.

 
At 12/12/2005 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did I miss something? You know how many times you have caught me when I can't tell if you are kidding....did I miss...is it supposed to be blank? Help me out here.....

 
At 12/12/2005 3:11 PM, Blogger Tina said...

Oh my gosh! That is so Shawn and I too. Great post.

 
At 12/13/2005 6:00 AM, Blogger iridium said...

Anonymous: Yes there is a post. It's invisible. Just act like you are highlighting the section and you will be able to read it. I did this a while back in a post too.

T: I'm still trying to figure out if you really got it or are fronting.

 
At 12/13/2005 12:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your last last thought there was ery deep. I also think you should use 'jinormous' more and more everyday. Just like my bro and I use 'beautimious' and 'craptastic' when talking with one another.
See you at x-mas.

 
At 12/13/2005 1:44 PM, Blogger Tina said...

I admit... I was posing... but I read it now. Good post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home