Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Huh? Wha?

Oh yeah....my blog. I almost forgot.

So, everyone has been blogging about how their lives are back to "normal" (whatever that means), and I figured I better get my 2 cents in too. Otherwise, Laundry Lady will drop me from her links list. Or maybe I'm an honorary listing since I'm her husband? And I know her password...teehee.

So, life for me is back to "normal." I'm fortunate enough to work for a company that shuts down between Christmas and the New Year. So, it's sort of like being in school. Only not. But I digress.

The week off was a fun one. If you know me, then you probably have already read Laundrypile and know that we did a lot of late nights, nothing, sleeping all over the house, etc. I did get in a quick snowboarding trip to a local ski resort. That was fun. Except for one bone jarring face plant, I'd say it was a nice outing. I hope to get out more this year with my new board.

Work is back in full swing. Last year I started into a new area with a different job title (someday I'll have to blog about job titles and how ridiculous they can be), and I'm really liking it. This year looks to be a busy one, but that is good. Job security and whatnot. Perhaps another trip to Denver, CO will happen later this month. If so, the Project Manager and I will try to get in some time at this place. That would rulio. But I digress...again.

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." <--Name the movie and win a prize. Seriously.

Let's see...

di·gress ( P ) Pronunciation Key (d-grs, d-)intr.v. di·gressed, di·gress·ing, di·gress·es
To turn aside, especially from the main subject in writing or speaking; stray. See Synonyms at swerve.

No, I was using it correctly...I think.

Anyway, I am already thinking about this upcoming year...where we will take a family vacation, what I will be doing in work and ministry, whether I am going to start running again. The door is wide open and the possibilities are endless.

For the first few days of 2006, I was lamenting the passing of 2005. I'm one that always looks back on the past with rose colored glasses. Things always seemed to be better than they probably were. Heth has called me on that a lot. I'll be remembering something and I'll be thinking it was all really awesome, and she'll bring me back to reality and proceed to remind me of how things really were.

But I'm past my sorrow for losing 2005. It's gone. Goodbye dear 2005.

HELLOOOOOOO 2006!!!!!!! Woot Woot!

8 Comments:

At 1/04/2006 8:25 AM, Blogger Heth said...

The Princess Bride

Inigo Montoya say it.

What do I win, what do I win? Wait, am I even eligible?

 
At 1/04/2006 12:46 PM, Blogger Angela said...

Good to have you back, Nate. Nice blog. And my dear fiance, I know you can spell - I can't figure out why you misspelled THREE words in that post. You are not living up to your fullest potential.

I agree that he should win, though. Well, it depends on what the prize is.

 
At 1/04/2006 12:59 PM, Blogger iridium said...

heth is not eligible...but she is a winner by default anyways.

So the contest is still open. Sorry adonai jedi...quoting it doesn't count...hahahaha.

And the prize is that I will write a parody song about your internet identity.

So I wonder who the winner will be?

 
At 1/04/2006 5:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A parody!!! Nate, you should write lots of them...I KNOW you would be good at it, and it would be so fun to read them in your blog entries. You got all the creative fun-ness of the family lol :) Oops, the cookies are beeping, ttyl!!!

 
At 1/04/2006 6:53 PM, Blogger iridium said...

And yet no one besides heth (who isn't eligible) has identified the source of the quote.

:(

 
At 1/04/2006 8:37 PM, Blogger Tina said...

The Princess Bride

Inigo Montayo said it.

What do I win, what do I win?

:)

 
At 1/05/2006 11:28 PM, Blogger Amie said...

The Princess Bride! The Princess Bride! I have that one about memorized by now - this is my favorite game! Do another one! Let's play Name That Quote!!! Come on - someone! Anyone? Hello?

I'm sitting here trying to think of my favorite quote of that whole movie, and they're ALL good! Darn, now I'm going to get to sleep at 3:15 cause I just hafta watch that movie now.

 
At 1/05/2006 11:29 PM, Blogger Amie said...

And what does Woot Woot mean anyway?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home